Hello friends, Today’s topic is Roman Numerals List 1 to 1000. But do you know “what is roman numerals?” and What are the rules of writing the Roman number? Let’s learn..
What are Roman Numerals?
Roman numerals are a system of numbers that were first used in ancient Rome and continued to be widely used in Europe well into the Late Middle Ages. Now, this number system teaches also in Asia Schools. Combinations of Latin alphabetic letters serve as the representation of numbers in this system.
Roman numerals used the following seven symbols to write any number.
There is no zero(0) in the Roman system. An important difference between the decimal system and the Roman system is that the Roman system does not use place value.
Rules of writing the Roman numerals
- The symbol I can be subtracted from V and X.
- The symbol X can be subtracted from L and C.
- The symbol C can be subtracted from D and M.
- Symbols V, L, D are never subtracted.
Roman Numerals List 1 to 1000
Some Questions’ solutions of Roman Numerals
1. What are the roman numerals from 1 to 100?
2. What does II V IX VI III I mean?
II = 2
V = 5
IX = 9
VI = 6
III = 3
I = 1